db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: installation issue: problems caused by spaces in path pointed to by DERBY_HOME or DERBY_INSTALL
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:55:17 GMT
Hey  Andrew,

Here's a bit more information on this problem. Regards-Rick

It does not work correctly on Windows XP SP2. It adds extra characters
that are not the DOS 8.3 format and even changes the name of the db
directory in the PATH to db0. The error message we get is

org/apache/derby/tools/ij

The problem is the CLASSPATH set by setEmbeddedCP.bat. Once you set
DERBY_INSTALL, then run this batch file, the resulting CLASSPATH is:

CLASSPATH=C:\PROGRA~1\Java\JDK16~1.0\db0\db\lib\derby.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\Java\JDK16~1.0\db0\db\lib\derbytools.jar;.;

which you can clearly see has some strange problems in it. Somehow it
ads the directory db0 and really messes up the name of the jdk1.6.0
directory. However, if you remove that FOR statement, everything works
just fine.