db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Marking issues as "resolved" ( was Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "TenTwoRelease" by MikeMatrigali)
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 22:09:31 GMT
Apache Wiki wrote:
> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.
>
> The following page has been changed by MikeMatrigali:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoRelease

>   The following work flow can help ensure fixes get committed efficiently.
>    1. Pick a bug you want to fix and fix it in the trunk.
>    1. Submit your patch for the trunk.
> -  1. Mark the issue resolved only after the fix is in the trunk. The fixin fields should
be marked as 10.2.1.0.
> +  1. Mark the issue resolved only after the fix is in the trunk, and has been merged
into the 10.2 branch. The fixin fields should be marked as 10.3 and 10.2.1.

on the docs I've been marking issues "resolved" after the last patch for
the issue has been committed to the trunk, then marking the issue as
closed when merged to 10.2.

Also, I've been noting the fix version as 10.3 then updating the fix
version to include 10.2 when merged.

bad idea? Should I change what I'm doing for docs?

happy to oblige ....

 -jean