db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Upcoming 10.2 candidates
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:27:14 GMT
I had hoped to build the first release candidate soon but I believe this
is not possible, for the following reasons:

a) We still have 15 unresolved Urgent 10.2 issues. Half of these are not
assigned yet.

b) The license issue has not been resolved yet. Yesterday I escalated
this topic to the highest responsible authority. I know this is
frustrating and I thank everyone for their continued patience.

While these issues sort out, I would like to propose a new lineup of
candidates. However, I do not want to create useless churn. Would the
community agree to the following:

1) Instead of a release candidate, I could build a new beta candidate
tomorrow (Friday August 25).

2) I would also like to set a goal for wrapping up the outstanding
issues. Would next Friday (September 1) be a reasonable goal for
generating a release candidate? If that date seems too aggressive, what
would be a better date?

Thanks,
-Rick