db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Thalamati <suresh.thalam...@gmail.com>
Subject xalan assertion when execution a xml query...
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 01:11:00 GMT
While doinng buddy testing of xml featuress, I think I gave a wrong
xpath  and  XALAN throwed assertion to my surprise.  Not sure if it is
some setup issue from derby side or XALAN edge case bug.  But annoying
thing is after that query,  it gives my favorite errror "ERROR 40XT0:
An internal error was identified by RawStore module."

is there any way to catch these assertions ?

another minor thing I noticed is errors from XALAN or nested as
"ERROR XJ001: Java exception"  it might be better to classify these
exception under some different exception name.

FYI:
ij> SELECT i FROM t1 WHERE XMLEXISTS ('//addr*' passing by ref x);
ERROR XJ001: Java exception: 'Programmer's assertion in
getNextStepPos: unknown
stepType: -1: java.lang.RuntimeException'.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Programmer's assertion in getNextStepPos:
unknown st
epType: -1
         at org.apache.xpath.compiler.OpMap.getNextStepPos(OpMap.java:240)
         at
org.apache.xpath.axes.DescendantIterator.<init>(DescendantIterator.ja

Thanks
-suresht