db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LineNumber table in class files and sane=false strangeness
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:36:17 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>>If I remove PermissionsCatalogRowFactory.class and recompile just using
>>ant from the top level then it reverts to 2116 bytes in the first codeline.
>>
>>Doing a ant clobber followed by an ant -verbose all in the first
>>codeline reveals this as the only entry for that class.
>>
>>    [javac]
>>org\apache\derby\impl\sql\catalog\PermissionsCatalogRowFactory.java
>>omitted as
>>org/apache/derby/impl/sql/catalog/PermissionsCatalogRowFactory.class is
>>up to date.
>>
>>So I assume something else is compiling it indirectly with a different
>>-g flag, that doesn't match my sane=false setting, any ideas?
>

> Doing this provides a consistent build (thanks Andrew):
>
> ant clobber
> ant insanse
> ant all

That was wrong on two counts. Start again. :-)

ant clobber
ant insane
ant

builds correctly

ant clobber
ant insane
ant all

builds incorrectly (with line number tables).

I wonder if the 'demo' target is getting built before the 'buildsource'
target and indirectly building most of the engine. Dependency ordering
seems like the kind of thing that could be dependent on a hashtable in
ant, thus leading to different behaviour across codelines.

Trying now with demo depending on buildsource

Dan.