db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LineNumber table in class files and sane=false strangeness
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:25:48 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> If I remove PermissionsCatalogRowFactory.class and recompile just using
> ant from the top level then it reverts to 2116 bytes in the first codeline.
>
> Doing a ant clobber followed by an ant -verbose all in the first
> codeline reveals this as the only entry for that class.
>
>     [javac]
> org\apache\derby\impl\sql\catalog\PermissionsCatalogRowFactory.java
> omitted as
> org/apache/derby/impl/sql/catalog/PermissionsCatalogRowFactory.class is
> up to date.
>
> So I assume something else is compiling it indirectly with a different
> -g flag, that doesn't match my sane=false setting, any ideas?

Doing this provides a consistent build (thanks Andrew):

ant clobber
ant insanse
ant all

Looking at the previous verbose output for a full build shows all the
compiles had just -g, not -g:none. Maybe just setting the ant property
'sane=false' is no longer enough, one one needs to run 'ant insane'? It
does seem my codeline was in a half insane, half sane mode.

Dan.