db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject LineNumber table in class files and sane=false strangeness
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:01:45 GMT
I'm trying to figure out when one of my derby codelines compiles with
LineNumber tables and one without. They have identical ant.properties
files that I use to build, with sane=false. Compling an individual file
shows the -g:none flag being used in both cases, but I end up with class
files of vastly different sizes from an:

ant clobber
ant all

In the bigger classes I can dump the raw format and see the line number
table is in there, in the smaller ones it seems to be missing. E.g.

First codeline

2746 PermissionsCatalogRowFactory.class

Second codeline

2116 PermissionsCatalogRowFactory.class

If I remove PermissionsCatalogRowFactory.class and recompile just using
ant from the top level then it reverts to 2116 bytes in the first codeline.

Doing a ant clobber followed by an ant -verbose all in the first
codeline reveals this as the only entry for that class.

    [javac]
org\apache\derby\impl\sql\catalog\PermissionsCatalogRowFactory.java
omitted as
org/apache/derby/impl/sql/catalog/PermissionsCatalogRowFactory.class is
up to date.

So I assume something else is compiling it indirectly with a different
-g flag, that doesn't match my sane=false setting, any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan.