db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kim Haase <Camilla.Ha...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [jira] Resolved: (DERBY-1717) Working With Derby task file twwdactivity4.dita is invalid, results in missing text
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:28:30 GMT
Great -- thank you very much.

Kim

Knut Anders Hatlen (JIRA) wrote On 08/18/06 19:14,:
>      [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1717?page=all ]
> 
> Knut Anders Hatlen resolved DERBY-1717.
> ---------------------------------------
> 
>     Resolution: Fixed
>     Derby Info:   (was: [Patch Available])
> 
> Thanks Kim, this looks like an improvement to me. I added yet another "client / server"
-> "client/server" change to the patch and committed revision 432771.
> 
> 
>>Working With Derby task file twwdactivity4.dita is invalid, results in missing text
>>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>                Key: DERBY-1717
>>                URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1717
>>            Project: Derby
>>         Issue Type: Bug
>>         Components: Documentation
>>   Affects Versions: 10.2.1.0
>>           Reporter: Kim Haase
>>        Assigned To: Kim Haase
>>           Priority: Minor
>>            Fix For: 10.2.1.0
>>
>>        Attachments: twwdactivity4.dita.diff, twwdactivity4.html
>>
>>
>>The Working With Derby section http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/workingwithderby/twwdactivity4.html
is missing some text: a coded <title> tag, "Running the client program," disappears
from the output.
>>This happens because the source file twwdactivity4.dita plays tricks with DITA to
try to get three subsections into a task topic, which does not allow subsections. The last
of the intended subsection titles fails to appear in the output because it is coded as a second
<title> element in an <example>, which can have only one <title>. (Ant warns
about this during processing.) And the two titles that do appear are different sizes because
one is an example title and the other just a paragraph in bold text. 
>>To be valid DITA, this topic should be coded as a three-step task, where each step
has a series of substeps. I have taken the liberty of doing this. I have also taken the liberty
of correcting the punctuation and syntax problems that I found. I am attaching a proposed
patch. It looks pretty hairy because of all the changes, I'm afraid. However, it is now valid
DITA and shows the task steps clearly. I am attaching the output that results, for comparison
with the original so you can see the substance is the same.
> 
> 


Mime
View raw message