db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Dudgeon <tdudg...@informaticsmatters.com>
Subject drop column functionality
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:45:42 GMT

This is a continuation of a discussion on the users mailing list which I
was advised to transfer here. See:

I've applied the patch for dropping columns and confirmed it works in a
basic scenario. Here are some follow up questions/issues:

1. Dropping the column seems very slow for large tables. I suppose this
is inevitable as lots of data needs to be deleted. But are improvements

2. I'm reluctant to use the SVN trunk in my application, preferring a
stable release. Are there any plans for when this patch will get into a
stable release.

3. The version from trunk does not appear able to read databases created
with the release. Has the database file syntax changed?

View raw message