db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jdbc suite started failing again last night for me
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:45:02 GMT
Mike Matrigali wrote:

> Dan I know you are working on this suite as part of already filed
> issue, let me know if I should file a different issue for this one.
> I ran the full suite against the ibm 1.4.2 jvm and my results matched
> the latest tinderbox run, ie. 2 failures - one this suite and the
> other the blob issue that won't go away.

I'll fix it, no jira entry needed.

Hopefully these are just initial speed bumps in getting a good framework
moving forward for Junit. The problem I face is there are so many
combinations to run the tests, it's hard to cover every area.

jdk13,j2me,jdk14,jdk15,java se 6
ibm,sun vms on windows
embedded, derby client, db2 client
jars, classes
sane,insane
in harness, junit runners

So that's up to 240 combinations! In true open source fashion I'm
committing code I believe will work and then fix up the issues as the
eyes find them.

The hope is at the end of the day all the derby tests are running in
under two hours.

Dan.