db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Place for 10.2.1 beta candidate testing results
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 23:22:25 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

>>Rajesh Kartha wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I have been running some tests on the 10.2.1.0 beta candidate and was
>>>thinking of a single
>>>place for posting all the results related to this round of  beta testing.
>>>
>>>Was thinking of a wiki page  under:
>>>http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoRelease#head-dd37e536162e71c36a3ac2b5efb77cd4ad088065
>>>
>>>something like  TenTwoBetaCandidate testing.
>>>
>>>I am hoping this could be benefical for others like me for posting their
>>>test results.
>>>
>>>Any other thoughts/ suggestions ?
>>>

>>Have you considered
>>http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoApplicationTesting ?
>>

>There's also this page
>http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoBuddyTesting
>
>I'm starting to lose track of all the TenTwo pages for providing 10.2
>feedback. I'd rather see a small number of pages be tweaked to
>accommodate changing needs rather adding even more pages.
>
> -jean

The Buddytesting page, I would think, should be kept separate since that
was targetted
for testing specific 10.2 features.

The applicating testing page at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoApplicationTesting.

was to report results of  Derby integration testing with other existing
applications plus the contest. entries

My testing so far has been running the derby suite on different
platforms/jdks. I would expect many members
planning to report results on 'derbyall'  or other system test runs on
various platform, hence am more inclined on creating a
separate page (call it TenTwoPlatformTesting ?).  This page will be
linked from the TenTwoRelease page under the
10.2 Testing section and list the 10.2 candidate versions, the platforms
the tests were run, defects and comments.

And I think it would be better to have them separate.

Regards,
Rajesh