db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: beta snapshot download from the website
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:59:09 GMT
Hi Kathey,

Kathey Marsden wrote:

> I would like to send a mail to derby-user about the
> RegressionSearchAndDestroy contest and point to the beta.     Looking
> at the downloads page I don't see the beta listed as a snapshot I had
> to search the archives to find the download location.    Is that the
> best way for users to find the derby beta download location?  Are
> there plans to make it available as a snapshot from the website or add
> a link?

The download page looks stale to me. Right now, the best way to navigate
to the beta is through the 10.2 wiki page:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoRelease. That page gives users a
lot of context, including the current bug status and a pointer to a
description of the beta contents. I'd like to continue routing everyone
through that page because it's easier to keep it current. However, I
agree that it's confusing that the download page doesn't point users to
one of our important downloads.

> Also noticed that on the download page in the left panel, derby
> 10.1.2.1 is listed instead of 10.1.3.1.

Also, the latest 10.1 snapshot on that page is older than the current
10.1 release. That looks odd. I think this page needs some cleanup and
probably some rethinking.