db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: 10.2 documentation reviews
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:57:56 GMT
Laura Stewart wrote:
> The advantage to having "DOCS" or "Documentation" in the title is that
> the issues are easier to track when email comments are received. The
> component "documentation" is fine when you are in Jira, but does not
> appear in the title of a comment to a Jira issue in email.... which is
> where I first encounter new issues.  During this part of a release
> cycle, I don't go to the Jira docs issues list, but work primiarliy
> off of the email comments so that I can respond to the comments more
> quickly.

I can appreciate your frustration ... docs are caught in the squeeze at
the very end. Here are a couple suggestions:

1) Set up a Jira filter that mails you a daily report of doc issues,
perhaps sorted by most recent activity if that's possible (maybe Jira
experts can jump in with specific suggestions).

2) If somebody opens a new doc issue and thinks it needs your urgent
attention, I see no problem with them forwarding a copy of the notice to
you offlist with a "wanted to make sure you saw this". I'll do that.

thanks for all the doc work -- we really appreciate it!

 -jean