db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Thalamati <suresh.thalam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve coding conventions for the Derby project
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 00:30:45 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> This is a vote to define the coding conventions for the Derby project
> per the db project guidelines http://db.apache.org/source.html
> Vote closes  10:00am, Wednesday, August  15.
>
> [+1]  Adopt the coding convention described.
> [-1 ] Do not adopt the coding convention described.
>
> The conventions outlined below will be published on the wiki page
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyContributorChecklist

My vote is : -0.25

I find it hard to switch between spaces for new files and tabs for old
files. It is pain to remember to find, if a file is
tab-formatted/space-formatted, and format appropriately.

If most of the current code is formatted with tabs, why not use tabs
until we decided to reformat the code with spaces.

Thank
-suersh