db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: test failures caused by firewall software? (was Re: Regression Test Failure! - Derby 430109 - Sun DBTG)
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 20:08:17 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

> Just FYI,  I think there is something  not quite right with network
> server's interaction with firewall software or maybe , where one can get
> a hang even though the software is set to allow connections.

FYI - I'm seeing hangs in some of the tests when a wait for the server
to be booted by pinging it fails. The test then hangs in trying to
cleanup, rather than any hang in the network server. I see this with
testSecMec and testProperties. I can get these tests to pass by bumping
the wait time. Of course it's interesting that each test seems to have
its own method to perform the wait and its own time to wait. I'm not
sure I should be bumping the time for these tests, but I will commit the
clean up for the tests. Maybe the increase in time i just due ot my
machine or it points to a real problem with the server.

Dan.