db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How to commit documentation patches?
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 08:30:43 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> On 8/14/06, Daniel John Debrunner <djd@debrunners.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
>> Seems like we could get documentation patches in quicker if all the
>> committers could handle them, rather than the the two or three who
>> submit these patches today. Let's scale with the size of the community.
>>
>> Is there a write-up somewhere on how to do this?
>
> There is this page, which should describe most of what you need:
>
> http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/dita.html
>
> It's hiding in the drop-down box off the left when you click the
> Documentation tab as "DITA source". I think a link from the main
> documentation page might help make this easier to find.

I agree, it is too hard to find the information you need when you want
to become a new doc contributor or committer.

One thing I noticed the first time I wanted to contribute a doc patch,
was that on the "Community" tab/page [1], I found no mention of
documentation source, patches, or links to relevant doc information in
the section called "Contribute Code or Documentation". The information
there is very code-centric, as are the various wiki pages that are
linked to from that page.

--
John

[1]