db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: publishing 10.2.1.0 to the Apache mirrors
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 23:10:27 GMT

Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>Rick Hillegas wrote:
>

>>I am trying to wrap my mind around what this would entail. Is it
>>something like this:
>>
>>1) Copy the 10.2.1.0 distribution to
>>/www/www.apache.org/dist/db/derby/db-derby-10.2.1.0
>>
>>2) Add a 10.2 page and cgi script to our website
>>
>>3) Point at this page from derby_downloads.xml, also on the website
>>
>>Thanks for your advice,
>>-Rick
>>

>Don't we need:
>
>pre-0) licencing issues resolved.
>
>0) a vote
>
>???
>
>Dan.

Hi Dan,

I don't know. It was suggested last week that we publish the beta to the
mirrors to broaden its exposure. The intention wasn't to claim that it
was GA-ready. I'm trying to figure out what is entailed in publishing a
beta to the Apache mirrors. Has this been done before? Maybe I should
copy the distribution to svn.apache.org rather than www.apache.org? I'm
muddled by the description at http://www.apache.org/dev/mirrors.html.

Regards,
-Rick