db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: How to commit documentation patches?
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:52:10 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>>Of course, any other committer is also welcome to jump in, but it looks
>>to me like everyone is massively busy.
>
> This is a problem for the community, we need more than just Jean to
> commit documentation patches. That's why I started looking at getting
> setup, I hope other committers do the same.

Jean is not the only one who commits patches to the doc tree. Andrew,
Halley, and Tomohito have all committed changes to the doc tree. --And
there might be more that I have missed.

But, the real answer is any committer really can commit a doc patch (it
doesn't require knowing or editing DITA XML) and I hope this followup
post convinces committers that committing doc patches is very much like
committing code patches:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200608.mbox/%3c44E0E29C.50903@bristowhill.com%3e

The doc verification step is different -- and quite a bit easier than
code verification imho.

 -jean