db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How to commit documentation patches?
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:00:40 GMT
This is definitely a start.  But when I looked at making my own changes
to the DITA files, it made my head spin.  There are all these files with
strange names, and no real clear idea how they all fit together.  Then
you have to purchase or download a DITA editor (with no clear
recommendation, just a list of options, many of them having a cost), or
edit in raw XML.   The whole thing is a bit mystifying to me.

I understand the value of being able to generate HTML and PDF documents.
  But it really impacts the ability for a novice to update the
documentation.

I think those in the docs area who are tired of checking in other
people's changes perhaps might be motivated to write a tutorial showing
how to do this, and to provide a single recommendation for a good *free*
DITA editor. :)

David