db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to commit documentation patches?
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:47:12 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>
>>I was planning to commit some of the outstanding documentation patches,
>>e.g. DERBY-1548, but I realised I have no idea how to do this.

>>Is there a write-up somewhere on how to do this?
>

> Instructions are here:
>
> http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/dita.html

In the section on "Editing DITA files" that page says:

"Make sure to read the licenses for any XML editor you use to modify
Derby DITA documentation."

I'm sure there's some reason for reading the licences, my guess is to
ensure the use of the tool does not place a restriction on the resulting
XML file. Is that the case, should we be more explicit here?

Dan.