db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject How to commit documentation patches?
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:20:54 GMT

I was planning to commit some of the outstanding documentation patches,
e.g. DERBY-1548, but I realised I have no idea how to do this.

Looking at the download site there's no mention of the documentation
source code:
http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html#Derby+source+code

I couldn't see anything in the wiki on how to download the svn source
for the documentation, build it (? I know it needs DITA, but that's
about all I know), and test it.

Seems like we could get documentation patches in quicker if all the
committers could handle them, rather than the the two or three who
submit these patches today. Let's scale with the size of the community.

Is there a write-up somewhere on how to do this?

Thanks,
Dan.