db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve coding conventions for the Derby project
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:10:44 GMT
I am happy with this clarification. I would prefer that the proposal
stated this explicitly so that there is no confusion. I think that if we
put the emphasis on clarity and common sense then we could drop the
specific exception called out for the rule on deferred variable
declarations. It is just one of the religious stands taken by these
conventions.

I thought there were some hard-and-fast rules which people wanted for
new code:

1) 4 space indentation
2) No tabs
3) 80 character lines