db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [junit] jdbcapi suite runs JUnit tests as a suite, not as individual tests.
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:06:14 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> With revision 431195 I modified the old test harness jdbcapi.runall
> suite to run most of its JUnit tests through the single test/suite
> jdbcapi._Suite. This _Suite can also be run directly by JUnit test
> runners, though that yet does not install the security manager. The two
> JUnit tests left in jdbcapi.runall are just because I didn't get round
> to them, I think they were added after I created the _Suite (or I missed
> them).

Hi Dan,

I see that tests are added in two different ways; either with
TestSuite.addTest(ATestClass.suite()) and
TestSuite.addTestSuite(SomeTestClass.class). Now, if I decide to add a
suite-method to SomeTestClass, then the logic I put into it will not be
executed if I forget to update the _Suite.suite-method.

Is this something we should:
  a) catch during review
  b) document in a checklist or similar
  c) see if JUnit already has functionality for
  d) write a utility method for, that checks for a suite-method and uses
it if it is available

I don't think it is a problem if you remove the suite-method of a test
class, as this will be caught at compile-time.

Regards,
--
Kristian