db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject [junit] jdbcapi suite runs JUnit tests as a suite, not as individual tests.
Date Sun, 13 Aug 2006 17:15:03 GMT
With revision 431195 I modified the old test harness jdbcapi.runall
suite to run most of its JUnit tests through the single test/suite
jdbcapi._Suite. This _Suite can also be run directly by JUnit test
runners, though that yet does not install the security manager. The two
JUnit tests left in jdbcapi.runall are just because I didn't get round
to them, I think they were added after I created the _Suite (or I missed
them).

I have changes that enable the security manager for JUnit tests when run
standalone by JUnit test runners, but I need to test them more. (See
BaseTestCase.runBare).

This is a minor step in the direction of JUnit, more a sanity check to
see if there are any problems running tests like this.

I'll check the tinderbox builds later.

Dan.

Committed revision 431195.

Have the test harness jdbcapi run a single JUnit suite jdbcapi._Suite
that includes most of the JUnit tests
that were run individually. Tests in this suite that were excluded in
derby net or had _app.properties file
now self-exclude themselves based upon the JUnit utility methods
indicating which JDBC client they are running.
Remaining JUnit tests should be included in jdbcapi._Suite, think they
were added after I has started the _Suite
work.