db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Beta Announcement and encouraging user testing
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:40:00 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On 8/9/06, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>> Is there any impact to having a milestone event like beta 10.2  not
>> recorded in our svn history?
>
> If the beta reports as being at a revision that is modified
> from what's in svn, then that's a little suspect. What really went out
> as the beta? There's no way to verify via source control. That's a
> problem, to me anyway.

That is why the copy and flip a bit strategy worries me.  It sounds like
the same beginning to a story that I have seen played out many times
with poor results.   Lots of confusion and  only project historians and
witnesses can tell you what really happened.  I think whatever we put
out should be built  straight from the repository.

Kathey