db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Beta Announcement and encouraging user testing
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 00:41:54 GMT
David Van Couvering wrote:
> Interesting idea.  I feel like I'm really missing something.  If no
> other changes go into the svn copy, why are we making the copy?

I guess the goal is to flip the beta flag in the copy.
Trunk would still be alpha as usual.
This would be approach 4) Other options, where the following cons are gone:
- The beta candidate says that it is alpha.
- The trunk says it is beta, which may be confusing.

Based on Andrews suggestion, the copy is "thrown away"/forgotten when
the time comes to create the real branch.

--
Kristian