db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Copyright work complete! (mostly)
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 00:06:42 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>>David Van Couvering wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks to everyone for all your work on this.  We are *done* with the
>>>exception of SQL scripts (which are being deferred until after 10.2),
>>>and we are still pending on the documentation and web site changes.
>>

>>The web site header update is complete.
>>
>>But one issue remains related to the NOTICE and COPYRIGHT files.
>>src/documentation/content/xdocs/manuals has the COPYRIGHT and NOTICE
>>files that went with the original contribution of doc source for the
>>manuals. I moved that document source out of the web site and into
>>derby/docs/branches/10.0 -- but neglected to move the NOTICE and
>>COPYRIGHT files. I believe the correct action is for me to do the following:
>>
>>1) move the COPYRIGHT and NOTICE files to derby/docs/branches/10.0 (no
>>document source is left under derby/site)
>>2) move the copyright to the NOTICE file, as was done for derby/code
>

> and 3) remove the COPYRIGHT files
>
> +1
> Dan.

I thought this through a little better.

Steps 1-3 (thanks for 3, Dan) outline the correct change for
derby/docs/trunk.

But the files that need to be moved from the web site to
derby/docs/branches/10.0 should be moved as is with no change because
it's an old doc branch that does not need the new src header handling.
Moving the files now simply fixes the "oops, I should have moved those
files with the doc source a year ago".

So I'll just move the files as is unless anybody believes differently.

 -jean