db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Beta Announcement and encouraging user testing
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 23:52:11 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> 2) Continue working in the trunk.
>
> + For a week or two longer we only have to test and commit in one codeline.
> - Requires that committers not check in partial features for a week or two.
> - The beta candidate says that it is alpha.

Since you can't insist on "Requires that committers not check in partial
features for a week or two.", you could re-write 2 as

2) Continue working in the trunk until a branch is needed.

 + For a week or two longer we only have to test and commit in one codeline.
 +/-? switch to a branch once/if the trunk contains a submission the
release manager does not want to include in the release.
 - The beta candidate says that it is alpha.

Dan.