db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Beta Announcement and encouraging user testing
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:57:24 GMT
Hi Andrew,


Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On 8/9/06, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> I think there's a significant delta between the last snapshot and the
>> beta I plan to cut imminently. I would recommend that people wait for
>> the beta.
>
>
> Are you planning do the beta out of the trunk? I don't think there's a
> need to branch until there's actually potential for release. It'll
> save a lot of merging.

I think this is a great idea. I will just cut the beta off the trunk.

>
> Anyone know if there has been any movement on the issue surrounding
> DERBY-1639? On legal-discuss, Bill Shannon suggested that the wording
> in the spec license be changed to remove section 3. Geir agreed this
> would be compatible with the ASL, and the thread ends there. As it is,
> the description of the bug should probably be changed to 'Resolve
> ASL-incompatible clause in the JDBC 4 spec license' or some such.

My understanding is that Bill Shannon is working on getting consensus 
about new wording but there's nothing to report yet.

>
> As for the rest of those 104 open 10.2 issues, I believe we should
> start aggressively punting issues out to 10.2.2 or 10.3, or start
> focussing efforts to resolve/doc them otherwise.

Agreed.

>
> andrew



Mime
View raw message