db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Security Manager Testing coverage if user code does not have access to the database directory
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 15:14:10 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>We have however come a long way from when no tests were run
>under the security manager. :-)

Absolutely!  I really appreciate your arduous incremental work on the
security manager testing.  Security Manager regression tests are
extremely important because this, IMHO,  is a very regression prone
area.  The regression  from 5.1.60 to 10.0 is clear evidence of that.

>The case is covered by any JUnit test.

Excellent.  This is what I was hoping.

>I think we could do better by not granting permissions to derbytools and
>derbytesting.jar to read the database files. I think the natural way
>forward on this would be in the JUnit world and to have a standard
>consistent layout.

Sounds  good.
Should I file a Jira issue to change permissions for JUnit testing to
exclude  database file permissions for derbytools.jar and
derbytesting.jar or is that already part of some existing issue/plan?

Thanks

Kathey