db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Thalamati <suresh.thalam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: adding permission to derby_tests.policy(was:Re: Using StorageFactory to create temporary files)
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 01:12:45 GMT
Mike Matrigali wrote:

> Anurag Shekhar wrote:
>
>> I can use database tmp file system. I can get the tmp directory name
>> from StorageFactory. Or is there some better way of getting this
>> directory ?
>> anurag
>

> I don't think you should be using the database tmp file system for
> client code.  You at least must code for when database file system
> is not on the current machine for the client/server configuration.  So
> might as well make it consistent for all client code.

I agree if it is client specific case, database tmp file directory
should not be used.

sorry,  I have not got around reading this thread completely before
posting my questions.

In case of an embedded encrypted database, is it ok for the jdbc layer
to create temp files that are not encrypted ?

Thanks
-suresh