db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Beta Announcement and encouraging user testing
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:11:30 GMT
>  after a year of development

Although it's no help for the current situation, I think that one of
the issues here is that our release cycle for this release is too long,
and we've strayed from the "Release Early, Release Often" advice
(http://catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-bazaar/ar01s04.html)

Over the last few months I've gotten a bit of a taste for what's involved
in a release, and obviously it's a fair amount of overhead.

Still, it seems like we should strive, whenever possible, to release
substantially more frequently than once a year.

thanks,

bryan