db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JUnit unit tests - parallel test three?
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 15:02:24 GMT
Hi again,

I'm putting forth a suggestion on my own here, since I have not received
any feedback.

a) What about mirroring the Derby source tree at
'java/testing/org/apache/derby'?

We would then have something like this (seen from 'java/' in trunk):
-
|-- build*
|-- testing
|   `-- org
|       ` -- apache
|            |-- derby
|            |   |-- authentication*
|            |   |-- catalog*
|            |   ...*
|            |   |-- osgi*
|            |   `-- vti*
|            `-- derbyTesting
|                |-- functionTests*
|                `-- unitTests*
`-- tools*

b) Another alternative would be to add another directory in 'java', for
instance 'unittesting'.

It would also be nice if someone with knowledge of the build system
could say a few words if any of these approaches would cause major
changes in the build.xml files.

I expect the new directory structure to only contain JUnit unit tests.
There is a name-clash with the existing unit test functionality of the
old harness.

I have not yet thought much about how these tests would be run as part
of suites etc.

Regards,
--
Kristian