db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Beta Announcement and encouraging user testing
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 21:37:47 GMT
Dear Development Community,

I find myself very concerned about the small amount of feedback we have
gotten so far from the user community on 10.2. We have heard no feedback
really positive or negative on the major new features, like
grant/revoke, SUR,  online-backup and JDBC 4.0.   We've gotten a few
bites for existing application testing for the
RegressionSearchAndDestroy contest [1]  and we have gotten a couple of
regressions filed from users trying 10.2, but after a year of
development  I just don't have the feeling users are really out there
pounding on it like they need to with such an incredibly concentrated
beta period.

How can we make a big splash with the Beta Announcement and follow-up to
get users pounding on 10.2 to make sure this is a quality release?
I am interested in ideas from the community.

Kathey

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/RegressionSearchAndDestroy