db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: last week of 10.2 development
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 22:48:13 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>
>> * if you know it's not going to pass a vote, call it what it is. :-)
>>

> And the best way to communicate  this I think is to use our new
> mechanism to escalate issues to Urgency Urgent or Critical.
> That said, I would like to share that because of  other  commitments
> and upcoming vacation, my personal  radar and sensitivity to
> regressions and show-stoppers is almost completely non-functional and
> probably won't be back on-line until about September 15.
>
> It would be great if  folks started doing bug reviews of all bugs (not
> just those marked 10.2) and making sure Priority and Urgency and the
> regression check box are  are marked properly, and don't forget
> their's chocolate in it.
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/RegressionSearchAndDestroy
>
> Also other interesting questions to think about  are:
> How do we handle  bugs  in documented new functionality that are
> critical to the functionality of the feature or Critical priority in
> general if the feature is used?

I hope we can handle these the same way: just give them Blocker or
Urgent urgency.

> What happens with 10.2 patches that are not committed by August 10? Do
> they just miss the boat unless there is an RC2?

I think that we will continue to check some patches into the 10.2
branch. Most likely, there will be an RC2. If there isn't, then these
fixes can be swept up in the first maintenance release on the 10.2
lineage. Does this sound reasonable?