db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: last week of 10.2 development
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 22:24:48 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> * if you know it's not going to pass a vote, call it what it is. :-)

And the best way to communicate  this I think is to use our new
mechanism to escalate issues to Urgency Urgent or Critical.
That said, I would like to share that because of  other  commitments and
upcoming vacation, my personal  radar and sensitivity to regressions and
show-stoppers is almost completely non-functional and probably won't be
back on-line until about September 15.

It would be great if  folks started doing bug reviews of all bugs (not
just those marked 10.2) and making sure Priority and Urgency and the
regression check box are  are marked properly, and don't forget  their's
chocolate in it.
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/RegressionSearchAndDestroy

Also other interesting questions to think about  are:
How do we handle  bugs  in documented new functionality that are
critical to the functionality of the feature or Critical priority in
general if the feature is used?
What happens with 10.2 patches that are not committed by August 10? Do
they just miss the boat unless there is an RC2?

Kathey