db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Copyrights
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 20:53:10 GMT
Turns out that trying to hack the script to *not* remove the copyright
statement, and then at a future run build a new script that *only*
removes the copyright statement, is more work than I'm willing to do.
Also, it means doing two passes through the entire source tree (I was
going to do it one directory at a time), with lots of very careful
checking and double-checking to make sure it was all done right.  I'd
rather only go through that once...

Do I understand correctly that code contributed under CLA after the
original IBM contribution must also require gaining permission from the
original contributors?  Does this basically mean that we need to get
permission from every person who has ever contributed code to Derby
before I can run this script?  I guess this is what you're trying to
find out, Dan, right?

Thanks,

David