db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Copyrights
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 16:39:12 GMT
I hope that David can commit the work for DERBY-1377 before we cut the
10.2 branch next week. Unfortunately, I think David is stuck because
it's unclear what's required. Here's where I think this issue stands:

UNRESOLVED ISSUES:

1) Do we need to add license headers to our build scripts, property
files, README files, and other human-readable files which currently
don't have copyright notices? Or are these files excluded under the
rubric of "file without any degree of creativity"? Does some other
escape-clause exlude these files?

2) Should the IBM copyrights migrate from the COPYRIGHT to the NOTICE
file? If so, who is authorized to move these copyrights?

3) Are there other unclear issues?

I would like the community's guidance soon.

Thanks,
-Rick