db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Anurag shekhar <Anurag.Shek...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Using StorageFactory to create temporary files
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 13:15:03 GMT
Let me explain why I need a temporary file. I need a storage where
blob/clob can be stored before writing into the table. As the size of
lob can go upto 2gb its not possible to keep it in memory. I am using
the temporary file to keep the byte/string in case the the size grows
more than 4k.

So the temporary file will be created and accessed from the jdbc driver.
I decided to use StorageFactory because it already have the nessasary
permission for disk i/o. In case derby is running on a special storage,
the StorageFactory will be aware of it and will be able to create
temporary file for that device.
thanks
anurag