db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Using StorageFactory to create temporary files
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 17:11:40 GMT
This is an unexpected usage, this was never designed for that purpose.
It was originally designed as a module only to be used underneath the
store module.  The purpose was to allow alternate implementations of
the underlying filesystem.

I wonder why straight java i/o stream interfaces were not used?  Is
there anything being provided by the StorageFactory that a direct
use of java io does not easily provide?

I think it would be especially a bad idea to use the storage factory
on the client side of network server as it is going to draw in a lot
of other stuff not currently needed by the client jar.