db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Unexplained diff in procedureInTrigger.sql for JDK 1.6
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 02:27:55 GMT
The harm is that each developer has to sift through a diff for a known
bug.  If we all did this then we would have a stack of diffs and we'd
have to do pattern recognition to know if our change caused a regression
or not.  That has me concerned...  That's why I thought I'd log the bug,
since it's not a major issue, and note that a canon file is masking the
bug for now.

I think there are a whole class of master file outputs that are there
because of bugs.  I think I even fixed a bug for 10.1.3 that you
reported which had its output encoded in a master file.

David