db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unexplained diff in procedureInTrigger.sql for JDK 1.6
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 00:25:19 GMT
David Van Couvering wrote:

> Now that I think of it further, I suspect it is not good practice to
> hold a test hostage waiting for this bug to be fixed, and I should
> probably add a jdk16-specific master file for procedureInTrigger.sql.
>
> I can point the reader of the bug to this master file as a guide to
> reproducing the problem...
>
> Any thoughts?  Otherwise I'll go ahead and do that...

Little nervous. Especially as your comment says "so at least derbyall
can pass". With derbyall "passing" a release could go ahead, having
derbyall failing might hold up a release, but I can't see anyone making
DERBY-1629 blocker or critical. Maybe the fact it is marked as a
regression is enough.

Is there any harm in having this test continue fail due to a real bug?

Dan.