db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Patches for DERBY-1609 (was: Re: svn commit: r427293 - in /db/derby/code/trunk/java/tools/org/apache/derby/impl/tools/ij: Main.java mtTestCase.java utilMain.java utilMain14.java)
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 09:17:16 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> I think I fixed them, just checking in another codeline.
>
> I'malso changing wisconsin.java to use the new ij.runScript method so I
> didn't see that compile error. The change to use runScript isn't ready
> yet, some diffs exist ddue to a cursor name.

Dan,

Speaking of the new ij.runScript method, is there any chance you will
upload any patches to DERBY-1609 (Jira) in the future?

I'm not a big fan of the "commit-then-review-by-inspecting-svn-history"
process when it comes to new features like this. With patches attached
to Jira it is easier for members of the community to learn from the code
and/or spot mistakes, without having to subscribe to the derby-commits list.

--
John