db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "IntroToJUnit" by SusanCline
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:38:08 GMT
Hi Dan,

You're right - it worked for me today but then again, I did not update my source tree today!

Do you think it's best if I just remove that section and point to DerbyJUnitTesting page instead?
That is fine by me ... originally I wrote this information down to help clarify for myself
what I had
done, but added it to the wiki to help others with a basic understanding of JUnit.

I was about to contribute a JUnit test I wrote which used the BaseJDBCTestCase class the 'old'
way,
so I'll need to rewrite the test per the current way.

If you think the new page could be updated with the correct information feel free to update
it, or once I've had a chance to try it with my new JUnit test and understand it better I
can do it.

Susan

----- Original Message ----
From: Daniel John Debrunner <djd@apache.org>
To: Derby Development <derby-dev@db.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 3:01:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "IntroToJUnit" by SusanCline

Apache Wiki wrote:

> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.
>
> The following page has been changed by SusanCline:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/IntroToJUnit

This is good stuff Susan, Thanks.

The section on "JUnit tests and the Derby test harness" says the
information is valid as of 8/29 but it's actually out of date by a few
days. :-) Fast moving target. BaseJDBCTestCase now provides utilities
for a single connection, so a conn field is not needed, and the JUnit
test should be added to any existing _Suite, not directly to the old
harness suite runall files.

I wondering how you see that section fitting in with the existing page?

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyJUnitTesting

Thanks,
Dan.