db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Encoding for test master files.
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:05:55 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner <djd@apache.org> writes:

> I have a new version of my old ijRunner JUnit test class that runs ij
> scripts within JUnit and compares the output etc. I'll commit in a short
> while, though it won't be in use yet, it's still a work in progress.
>
> One are I need to address is the encoding of the output, what is the
> default encoding for the master files? I think looking at DERBY-683 work
> was done to allow test specific encoding, but I'm just current looking
> at handling the default.

All of the master files are 7 bit ASCII files, but they are read as
UTF-8 (which works since ASCII characters have the the same encoding
in UTF-8 as in US-ASCII). Some of the tests in i18n/* output non-ASCII
characters, but Sed.java replaces them with >EnC charcode<, so they
are also 7 bit ASCII.

--
Knut Anders