db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: grant/revoke improvements
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:16:59 GMT
Hi Rick,

Thanks for starting out this thread on grant/revoke improvement.

One plea I have for the community in general is more eyes on the patches I
have been submitting for grant revoke recently (one can always go and review
the patch that has been already committed and provide feedback).

As for testing, one particular area I am ansy about is statement caching and
how statements in cache can invalidated if privilege changes after the
statement has been cached. I have not done any work in that arena yet.
Hopefully revoke privilege/drop table/drop view/drop routine work will take
care of statement caching but I would like people to look out for this
during their testing.

thanks,
Mamta

ps I haven't done my share of looking into patches submmitted by others and
hope to improve in that arena post 10.2 when there is more breathing time.