db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Dependency Manager in Derby
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:08:01 GMT
Hi,

Derby engine uses Dependency Manager to keep track of object
dependencies and depedent objects get notified when the provider object has
some notifications to send. I understand this at the high level but I
wondered if someone for familiar with the implementation can provide some
more details. For instance, there are methods like prepareToInvalide,
makeInvalid and makeValid in the Dependent interface. What is the difference
between prepareToInvalide and makeInvalid and in what order these methods
get called? Is there a difference between dependencies maintained in memory
vs dependencies maintained over Derby reboots?

I am looking into revoke privileges which needs to fire actions to objects
dependent on privileges and any info on Depedency manager will be useful.

thanks,
Mamta