db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DERBY-396: Drop Column dependency questions
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:41:44 GMT
I think in RESTRICT mode, revoking the privileges should be done as one of
the last steps, ie after we have checked for dependent objects. If there are
dependent objects. DROP COLUMN RESTRICT will fail. If there are no dependent
objects, then revoke privileges should simply work because there couldn't be
any objects dependent on those privileges at this point in the code. And I
tend to agree with Dan that DROP COLUMN RESTRICT shouldn't throw exception
just because there are privileges granted on it. If there are no objects
based on those privileges, it should be fine to REVOKE them. But, I haven't
looked at the spec to verify this behavior.

Mamta