db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanket Sharma" <sanketsha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Choice of JMX implementations
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:15:10 GMT
On 7/14/06, David Van Couvering <David.Vancouvering@sun.com> wrote:
> Looks like we may have a winner... It would be interesting to see how
> they use it -- do they have it available only for pre-Java 5 VMs, or is
> it used regardless of what VM is being used?

It can be used regardless of the VM. Minimum requirement is Java 1.3.
On Java 1.5 and above, command line options can be used to give
precendence to MX4J libraries instead of  Sun's libraries.

As of now, I'm testing my code against the reference implementation.
I'll take some more to evaluate the pros and cons of each of them
before actually making my changes permanent.

MX4J's jars -  399 KB for JMX implementation and 168 KB for remote
functionalities. The second one is not really needed right now.

> How big is the MX4J jar file?

> And what time is it in India, Sanket?

Its almost 5 AM! Time to go to bed :-)  lol!!

Regards,
Sanket