db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JUnit testing moving forward
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 16:54:15 GMT
> Manish Khettry wrote:
>
> > And on the issue of using ant-- why not have ant
> > targets in java/testing to run standard suites? much
> > easier to get a developer to type "ant derbyall" and
> > have it do the needful (setup classpath, invoke the
> > right class) than what we do currently. This could be
> > done right now and ease the pain for new developers
> > trying to work with Derby.
>
> Agreed, and I think that's one of the reasons to move to JUnit. I think
> this will be easier with the tests in Junit. I would prefer to spend
> time moving towards JUnit that spending time getting the existing
> harness to be runnable from ant.
>
> Dan.

Hear, hear.
And I think the name for the Wiki (killDerbyTestHarness) is just perfect.
It may not be a surprise, but I'm very interested in this. :-)

Re 3, I think we should start with converting tests where the output
is causing problems, for instance, any of the tests that show a
difference in output when testing with a different derby version for
client vs. server.
Or, like DERBY-1496 - where we end up with many canons.

Myrna